I Wanna Be A Skinny Bitch!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What if I told you I am good at my Job!

So for the past two days I have been called into the principals office. I have a parent who does not like me. This is the parent that had grandma come to a meeting and beat me up basically. Well of coarse matters with the child have not gotten any better and mom is mad that he is missing recess for misbehaving in school. (Yes people, there are parents like this out there!) So what is your next step if you are one of these parents? You send a nasty letter to school and go straight to the principal!

So yesterday the principal called me in during the middle of class. Got one of the aids to cover. So the whole way there I just start thinking "Crap, what did I do? I swear I am going to quit, I don't need this, Am I going to be yelled at for something?" Its funny how I can be 28 and still scared of going into the principals office. So she sits me down and nicely explains that this parent is upset with me and wants her child pulled out of my class. So she lets me explain everything that has been going on. Funny thing is the principal tells me what a great job I have been doing, and she sees that I have done nothing wrong to this child or parent. Whoo hoo, Go Me! So she let me going because she was having a meeting with the parent.

So today she calls me in again. This time to tell me that she had my back and has totally change the parents state of mind. Turns out this hate and dislike was coming from grandma and not mom. Mom didn't want him moved from my class and just wants her child to do well. Principal said that mom left saying she was glad for the meeting. So now I just have to keep record of the child and let mom know some of the positives that her child does. Principal let me know that I have been so positive through this experience and she is so glad that I am so open and willing to try out new ideas.

So what have I learned from this? One, public schools got your back and are willing to stick up for you. Two, just do what the principal says and the world is happy. Three, no matter how many times I say "I quit" I really don't mean it. When I really think about it, I like my job. And yes for those who tell me you have respect for what I do and that you are sure I am good at it, I am listening and appreciate it. I need that reassurance some times! I like that I get to entertain and teach kids. I like my time off and benefits that I get. I cant find these things anywhere else. Ya so sometimes I deal with bad kids but most of the time those kids can be shaped up. Ya I have to deal with stupid parents that shouldn't breed in the first place, but hey, that's what keeps it exciting around here. What would I have to blog about if I didn't have stories of children doing funny things.

To leave you on this note.... In another class, one of the children went into the bathroom, pooped in his hand, came back out into the classroom and threw it on another student! haha Thank God that wasn't one of mine! Man, gotta love kids!

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger SplendidlyImperfect said...

Yay for you! That grandma is just bitter because she is old and hasn't gotten any in decades and is gonna die soon. Yeah, I said it.

I can't begin to wonder what the hell a child's home life is like that they would be inspired to POO IN THIER HAND!!! Gag! Nasty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home