I Wanna Be A Skinny Bitch!

Friday, August 25, 2006

I Hate Big Bullies!!!

I was a victim of bulling! You know how schools now a days have every kid sign a "I will not be a bully" policy. Well, parents and grandparents need one too!

Let me set the scene...
I have a little boy, who is slow, has speach problems, and at the beginning of the year was wetting his pants. (just like they all do) So I have had a few talks with mom on what has been going on with her child. Well two days ago I get a call from grandma and she saids she wants a meeting with all three of us. Sure, no problem. That day of the meeting with mom, grandma, and me, this boy had the worst day ever! He was hitting and even bit a kid. So mom and grandma come for the meeting and ask, "what has been going on with him" So I let them know. Grandma must have been pissed from the gecko cause she just let me have it! "Well do you have anything positive to say about him!" Ummm NO! I really didn't and I just sat there. I had nothing. Bad move on teachers part. Cause grandma ripped me a new one. After they were talking about how he needs so much help and threatening to pull him out of school (which I love for parents to say cause in the back of my head im going take him!) it comes down to being my fault cause I am not catering to his every need! I have 28 kids people! With no aid! Ummm I dont have time to sit down with just him and reexplain everything and walk him through it. Then grandma gripes about speech and how she is only taking him once a week and yadda yadda yadda. I told you she was pissed! But here is my favorite part. "So why is he always missing his recess?" Well I explained to her that if you do not finish your work in my class, you get no recess! End of story. Well grandma argues with me that the work must be to hard and he is easily distracted and so it is not his fault to miss recess. And I quote on her "So from now on, he will no longer be missing recess because he didnt complete his work, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" What am I, five! I bit my tounge and said ok, fine. Then she keeps going with, "I understand you dont know everything because you are a new teacher" I replied, "Oh no, I am not new, I am new to this district but I have been teaching for two years now!" She said that the office told her it was my first year. Whatever, I wasnt going to start a yelling fight with this woman and lose my job.

So I cried about it. I was really upset. I was upset with the way i was treated and I am just sick and tired of dealing with these parents. I threatened to quit and said I was looking for another career for next year. But today I have calmed down, talked to the assistant principal and feel much better about the situation now. Assistant principal told me i held myself very profesional in the matter and she is supprised I didnt just get up and punch grandma! haha

So now I wait till 3:15, grab my bags, and off to Vegas I go! Whoo hooo! Yard Margarita her I come!

2 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Seattlean said...

Oh, my ASS he gets recess still if he doesn't do his work!!! How is that fair to the other kids? I HATE parents like that, she will still be defending his ass when he is a little juvenile delinquent stealing cars and knocking up girls.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Seattlean said...

oops... using Brad's computer, ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home