I Wanna Be A Skinny Bitch!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New Addiction

So MySpace has become my new addiction. Its so crazy to me how many people are signed up on it. I can even go through my high school years and find people that I have graduated with. I am now connected with my friends from and still in Oklahoma. As I scroll through their "friends list" I find that a lot of people are still in contact with old friends. So I wonder, why is it that I only really talk to maybe 3 friends from my high school days? Did me moving to another state cause me to break so many acquaintances? Or do I only really stick to my true friends?

Speaking of which my high school reunion is coming up next month. I actually would like to go but I don't know if it is possible. Part of me however doesn't want to go threw the hassle of explaining my life to those that I barely talk to in high school. Its not like I can go there and show off something. Lets see, my conversations would be like...
Me-"Hey how are things going"
Them-"Great, I have (insert number) kids, married, and working now that my kids are old enough to go to school. How about you?"
Me-"Good, I guess. I'm not married, have no kids, actually my boyfriend just broke up with me because I am so needy so I'm single again and really not looking forward to putting myself out there, but I did manage to go to school and get my masters in teaching. Just landed me a new job in the public schools teaching kindergarten."
Them-"Wow, Kindergarten, that must be hard."
Me-"It has its up and downs"
And then the conversation about my life is done and we talk about their marriage and kids and crap because my life isn't interesting. They don't care that I went to Europe or have a masters or just got a dog. That isn't the norm thing to do in Oklahoma. Maybe I can like borrow or rent out a very rich man to call mine that I can flash around the party.
Uhhh. I need to go to bed. I am thinking way to much about this.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, yes this is your mother. At least I won't be "Anonymous" like some people.

Just one comment, maybe two.
Never feel bad, sad or disappointed about your life. You have done more than most people will ever get a chance to do, believe me I know what I speak of. Be grateful for where you have been and look forward to where you are going.

Final Comment, I promise:
Find someone who is willing to share your adventures, you have so many more!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Sexy Bitch said...

Aww, thanks MOM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home