I Wanna Be A Skinny Bitch!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Higley=Snobs!

Ok, so I had my interview today. I was so nervous about it all day long. I even put a movie in to get on the internet and study or brush up on my skills. I even talked with co-workers to make sure I had everything down pack. I was ready, I was prepared. Man, was I WRONG!!!

So I drive up to the school to be surounded by 300+ thousand dollar houses. Im used to going to school and seeing trailer parks. When I pullled into the parking lot, I was amazed at this school. It was huge! I go inside (after making sure I looked good and giving myself a pep talk in the parking lot) only to find not one, not two, but four secretaries in the lobby. They were also working as a matter of fact even though school had already been out. Needless to say I was highly amazed. I thought, man, I can get used to this.

Well I was like 20 mins way to early but lucky for me the girl before me was 15 mins late! Bonus point for me! I go into a conference room with the principal, a kindergarten teacher, a special ed teacher and some random guy that I really never caught exactly what it is that he did. Anyway they wasted no time getting into questions and they went around in a circle. I answered everything to the best of my knowledge and I even told them things that I dont do in my classroom but knew it was something they wanted to hear! I even brought up the fact that I was nervous after rambling on about something and after the fact they ask, can you explain all that in one sentence? So the interview flew by and before I knew it they were asking me if I had any questions. I asked a few, make it seem like I am highly interested, which of coarse I am! So towards the end we were talking a bit and the special ed teacher blurts out, "Youve got a lot of work ahead of you!" Now how in the hell am I supposed to take that. Ya, I have only taught in a charter school and I have been dumbed down as a teacher. I didnt do any of the stuff they were asking me and I am not required to. I work in a lazy, slackin, not motivated, doesnt care, not up to date, stupid charter school. Is it my fault? Geez.

Anyway, Today is Cinco De Mayo and I am going out and celebrating and getting hammered cause I am sure that is how every hispanic person would want me to do in celebration of their indepenance!

So do I think I have the job? Am I going to win the lottery? Thats how I feel it went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home