I Wanna Be A Skinny Bitch!

Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm Crazy!

Intervention-the act or an instance of intervening; specifically : the act or procedure by which a third party becomes a party to a pending proceeding between other parties in order to protect his or her own interest in the subject matter of the suit —compare

Saturday was girl’s night out. Considering that I only get to see one of the girls twice a month I was excited to go out. But there was a hidden agenda to the night, to have an intervention for me. This intervention wasn’t because I am using drugs, prostitution, alcoholism, or because I have a gambling problem. Nope, this intervention was because of whom I am dating. Now I understand if you want to give me your concerns that you are feeling because of my decisions. But that isn’t what happened. Nope I was told what I am doing wrong and given a number for a counselor. Talk about a slap in the face. Coarse I just sat there and let them talk for the sake of it not getting ugly. (Let me point out, one was telling me what I was doing wrong and that I should seek counseling to help me get out of my situation, the other told me her concerns and did have a few disagreements with the other).

I would never go to another friend and tell her she needed counseling just because she was dating someone I didn’t like or didnt approve because she took him back. Now if he was beating me up and sending me to the hospital and I just couldn’t leave him because I am afraid he will kill me, that’s a different story. I have forgiven him for what he has done. Is that wrong of me? I don’t think so. Am I afraid of getting hurt again? Yes. I am aware of the risk I am taking. Isn’t that the risk you always take with a relationship? Maybe I shouldn’t have to prepare myself for certain things to happen but isn’t that better than being surprised. Think about women who are married for 10 years and one day their husbands say “Honey, I don’t love you anymore” or “Im leaving you for a younger woman” Did they ask for it? You never know what can happen in a relationship.

I am 27 going on 28 and I think I am big enough to make my own decisions. If I want to forgive a man for what he has done and enjoy being with him because he makes me happy. So be it. I don’t need a counselor. Besides, I have a free one in Oklahoma! I also talk and open up to all my friends and listen to their comments and concerns. But in the end, it is I who decides who I want to date or not date. So I guess for the future I have to learn who I can and not tell my personal life to. I have friends who I can talk to and not be judged by or get a lecture or think I'm crazy. Or if they do, at least they do it behind my back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home